December 30, 2009

Intro to Nubar!

This is EK's first post on this blog ever. Hello, everyone!

So for my birthday EC bought me just about my favorite present ever: polish by NUBAR!! Two from Nubar's Going Green collection and three from the Chocolate Truffles collection. Let me just say this right now: WOW! I loooove these! The formula was great- thinner, almost more liquid-y than that of China glaze or OPI, but it applied beautifully. Each one was perfectly opaque after just two coats and was so shiny it didn't even need an additional top coat. These are basically my new favorite polishes EVER.

EC's note- Nubar nail lacquers are free of formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP (phthalate), like Zoya polishes. They are also certified (by PETA) vegan and cruelty-free.

So here we go!
From Going Green:
Reclaim
Absolutely beautiful, the holo showed up in almost every light. I couldn't stop staring at it while at work!

Reclaim (mattified!)

I was really hoping for some holo to show through but I was only slightly disappointed. Though there isn't any holo or sparkle, I love the frosty matte green that Reclaim becomes when mattified! I used China Glaze Matte Magic to mattify Reclaim.


Wildlife

This one is TOTALLY my favorite! I couldn't capture the intense duochrome that's present in this polish but HOLY COW this perfectly captures all the elements of wildlife in a bottle; green, browns, gold, even purple in some lights. The formula was so smooth and was perfectly opaque in 2 coats. I'll probably dream of this polish<3


Chocolate Truffles:
Chocolate Caramel
This polish was one of my favorites. I don't have many brown polishes, but I sure am glad I have this one! Constantly sparkling and shimmering, this caramel color made me crave chocolate!

Cherry Cordial
Loved. This. This was a light brown with a slight purpley-gold duochrome when it catches the light. So beautiful. It makes me think of the chocolate-covered cherries I got for Christmas!

Raspberry Truffle

I cannot describe how ultra gorgeous this polish is. The deep purple base had teeny pinkish-purple glitters in it that made the polish look like it was glowing, almost like embers in a fire. So beautiful.

Nubar polishes dried fairly quickly, as well as super shiny. I would definitely recommend a nice top coat, though, if you work a lot with your hands...my typing gave it a little bit of tipwear. Other than that, these are my new faves! So shiny, I kept getting distracted when doing something! Love them.

Nubar Nail Lacquer can be found at Nubar for $7.49.

3 comments:

Never Enough Nails said...

Hotness! I might also add that Nubar polish is natural also!

<3 EC

Stephanie said...

I'm jealous of your Nubar. I just found your blog...I've got a blog with my bestest bud, so I know how fun having a bloggin' buddy can be.

Never Enough Nails said...

Nubar is DEF my new favorite, and blogging with EC is the best! We're both basically obsessed with nail polish.

All the pictures were taken with flash- it was night time haha.