February 6, 2010

Polish of the Week: OPI My Private Jet

OPI My Private Jet, two coats, with flash

After the sweetness and light of the China Glaze Up and Away collection, I needed something a bit more "me". So I picked one of my all-time favorite polishes for Polish of the Week- OPI My Private Jet.

I know there are two versions of this, I believe I have the less cool version. But still, I LOVE THIS POLISH!!! If you don't own this, what are you waiting for??? Get it now!!! Even the less cool version is extremely cool!

OPI My Private Jet, two coats plus one coat Knockout Cosmetics Flatte Top, no flash

A couple days after doing this mani, I decided to mattify it. I like to mattify polish after wearing it for a bit, to change up the look. I love this one mattified, it looks kind of like an OPI suede. They should totally have done MPJ suede. When MPJ is shiny, it looks like the holo glitter is alive and moving. Mattified, it's like the glitter has been frozen in ice, LOVE IT!

The matte top coat I used is KnockOut Cosmetics' Flatte Top. Flatte Top and other KnockOut Cosmetics matte polishes can be purchased online at KnockOut Cosmetics. A cheaper (yet excellent!) matte top coat alternative is China Glaze Matte Magic, available online at Head2Toe Beauty.

Don't forget to enter our China Glaze Up and Away GIVEAWAY!!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I recently purchased MPJ on ebay (I know, but I really wanted the holo version). I did get a holo version, but honestly it isn't as holo as I expected. Maybe it'll be more holo when the sun actually comes out, but even if it isn't, it's truly a lovely polish. :)

Love it matted - haven't seen that before! Thank you! :) (and I did go gt the Leaf Him at the Altar hee hee!!)

Paige said...

Ooo, that looks gorgeous!

Never Enough Nails said...

Teresa, I think Color Club Revvvolution is more holo than MPJ. EK and I keep looking for it at Beauty Plus Salon, but I think we're going to have to break down and order it online. I did just buy Color Club Wild at Heart (purple holo!!) today!
And we love to mattify EVERYTHING! I have a special polish combo coming up this week that EK did when we were hanging around today and she mattified it. It looks amazing!!!

Gildedangel- I always forget how gorgeous it is until I put it on!

Anonymous said...

Oh, glitter *_* Preetttyyy...
I love it with the matte top coat too, I gotta get me one of those. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be checking out the China Glaze one!

Never Enough Nails said...

almondsandapples- I love the matte top coat, it's so much fun! It's especially great when you've been wearing a color for a few days and want to change it a little without actually re-doing your mani. And the China Glaze Matte Magic really gets polish completely matte, unlike some other matte top coats!