August 2, 2010

China Glaze Vintage Vixen Comparisons

OK so after doing this comparison post, I like Emerald Fitzgerald a bit better than I did at first. In my head, I thought it looked a lot like China Glaze Watermelon Rind, just darker. However, it is a LOTTTTTT darker than Watermelon Rind and the finishes are totally different. Watermelon Rind has that awesome glass-fleck finish, whereas Emerald Fitzgerald is microglitter. I still like Watermelon Rind better, but at least I no longer feel like I own two very similar polishes.

Left to Right: Two coats Emerald Fitzgerald, Three coats Watermelon Rind, no flash

Left to Right: Two coats Emerald Fitzgerald, Three coats Watermelon Rind, Three coats Emerald Fitzgerald, Three coats Watermelon Rind, no flash

Now, as I thought, Midnight Mission is pretty similar to OPI Russian Navy Suede with a shiny top coat. I wouldn't call them dead-on dupes, but they are similar enough that the average person might not want both. In sunlight, the difference is obvious- Midnight Mission is darker and more navy-colored. OPI Russian Navy Suede is lighter and more purple-y blue. Both of these pictures show two coats of MM with shiny top coat and two coats of OPI Russian Navy Suede with shiny top coat.

Left to Right: Two coats China Glaze Midnight Mission, Two coats OPI Russian Navy Suede with top coat, no flash

Left to Right: OPI Russian Navy Suede, China Glaze Midnight Mission, OPI Russian Navy Suede, China Glaze Midnight Mission

So, if you were looking for dead-on dupes, you're out of luck. If you have some sort of self-control (i.e. you are the opposite of me) over your polish collection, you might decide you don't need Midnight Mission if you have OPI Russian Navy Suede, or whatever.

In other news, the poll results were kind of what I figured- 55% of you (like me) are planning to pick up one or two polishes from OPI Swiss. Which ones are you leaning towards? I'm thinking about William Tell Me about OPI (I don't own LPAD), Lucertaine-ly Marvelous and Diva in Geneva.

6 comments:

Aurora's Nails said...

I was wondering how Emerald Fitzgerald was going to compare to Watermelon Rind, so thank you for posting!

And it's funny, I wouldn't have thought to put OPI Russian Navy Suede next to Midnight Mission, but they're actually pretty close...nice work!

Never Enough Nails said...

Aurora's Nails- you're welcome! These are really the only comparisons I could come up with- I don't own anything like Ingrid or Classic Camel. And my purples are either lots darker or lighter than First Class Ticket.
I came up with Russian Navy Suede because I LOOOVVVE that polish so much and wear it shiny or flat ALL the time!

Unknown said...

Great comparisons! I really like this new collection :)

Never Enough Nails said...

Thanks Jackie! Vintage Vixens is definitely a good fall collection!!

Anonymous said...

I actually got all of the swiss collection and I'm glad that I did. I was surprised that I actually liked them all. The first one I had to wear was Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous and I love, love it!!

Never Enough Nails said...

That's cool that you liked the whole collection! I love when that happens. I think I'm just so anxious for OPI's Holiday collection that nothing else will do. It looks amazing (even though the pictures weren't supposed to be available yet)!!